Monday, November 10, 2014

Tarte Pin Up Girl Blush: A Happy Review!

As the holidays roll around, I look forward to HOLIDAY MAKE UP SETS/PALETTES! They are usually such a wonderful deal, and people snatch them up fast...and for good reason! One of these palettes is the Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette ($42.00 at Sephora). Last year, tarte released the Off the Cuff Blush palette, and I regret not buying it sooner, because it was gone before I knew it. I have been sitting in giddy anticipation for this year's tarte blush set for the last 2 months. I actually think Pin Up Girl is sold out online already, but they still have a couple in the Sephora stores that I've been in recently. So GO GO GO! I don't expect them to stay on the shelves much longer!

You get 5 different blushes in a cute golden compact. It looks so feminine and elegant. There is a mirror in the lid of the compact, which I really like. They included 2 "vintage" decorative bobby pins, which I think add a nice touch to the overall look of the package, but I probably will never wear it in my hair.

For those of you who are not familiar with tarte blushes, they are wonderful, and the blushes in this set are no exception. The texture is soft and silky and the pigmentation and staying power are all amazing. I really like the color selection they included. It has every type of shade I would need. Unlike last year's palette, this year's does not contain a bronzer, which I appreciate because I love my Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer too much to cheat on it with another. I would rather have an extra blush in the set than another bronzer I don't need. Two of these blushes (Embraced and Bashful) have some shimmer to it, but it is not at all overwhelming. I tend to have oily skin so sparkly and over-frosted blushes make me look greasy. These had the right amount to just give off a glow. Embraced has more shimmer than Bashful.



Now to the swatches! The colors are Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful and Irreplaceable. Overall, these blushes have the same silky formula as you would expect, but some blushes are not as pigmented as others, as you will see below.

Breathless



This is a matte, nude peach. I love these sorts of nude blushes, because I can wear them every day. Unfortunately, it is quite sheer and does not show up particularly well on my medium skin. Nevertheless, I do like it and it does build up.

Embraced

 

A satiny plum. Despite looking quite dark in the pan, Embraced was still on the sheer side. I suppose with plums, I want to use a light hand to avoid looking too overdone, but I would have liked for this blush to have been a tad bit more pigmented. Still, the color is beautiful and I foresee myself wearing this much more as we enter the later Fall to Winter season. There aren't any obvious glitter flakes in this blush, or any of them actually, but this had the most shimmer to it. You can tell it's more frosty just by looking at the blush in the pan.

Whimsy

A matte, cool medium pink. This is the color I reach for the most in this palette. I think it is indeed a very fun and whimsical color. I can't say it is a unique shade, but it is good to have. The pigmentation on this blush is so much better than for the first two.

Bashful

A satin, warm coral. You have to be careful with this color! Even on medium skin, I scooped into this shade thinking it would be a little less pigmented like the first two and BAM! I looked like I had just been punched in the face. There is nothing bashful about this shade. Apply it with a light hand and it will give you a wonderful, healthy flush.

Irreplaceable

A matte, russet red. I love these reddish blushes. It's awesome for date night or to give you that wind-bitten flush in the winter months. I like how it's matte! This color, like Bashful, need to be applied lightly. It is very pigmented! It might be a little too much for me to wear on a daily basis but I am glad tarte included this in the set.


In all, I love this palette so much. I wish the first two blushes were more pigmented, but the latter 3 definitely make up for it. I am so glad I purchased this and I would recommend it to everyone! This is a great palette for those who are starting off and want a wide selection of blushes to kick start their make up collection, but it is also wonderful for those who already love tarte blushes and want to collect them all. Let me know what you think! Do you love this palette?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Havenly Makeup 2014. All rights reserved. Designed By Colette