Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stila Stay All Day® 10-In-One HD Illuminating Beauty Balm REVIEW

I got deluxe sample of this Stila BB cream (1.3 oz, $38) last week. I was so excited to try it since I've recently become obsessed with BB and CC creams! Supposedly it is a 10 in 1 BB cream, but I couldn't find a list of what those 10 things were on the website or the bottle.



I tried this BB cream on and was disappointed by the coverage. When I put on a BB cream, I do expect it to have a more natural and sheer look than full-coverage foundations, but this BB cream was so sheer that I felt like I was applying a lotion with a bit of a sheen. It is moisturizing and feels silky and moisturizing on the skin.


On my face, I couldn't detect a color difference, but on my hand, you can see that it is not an exact match. There is only 1 shade. In direct sunlight, there is some shimmer in this BB cream, but it really just adds a nice luminous glow to skin and does not settle in pores.

This also says it is water resistant for 80 minutes. I put it on my hand and rinsed it off with water. I think it actually is water resistant since I could still see the shimmer afterwards. I'm not sure if it would last a full 80 minutes in water, though.

I have acne prone skin with some redness and hyperpigmentation, so I really like BB creams with at least enough coverage to hide the reddness. According to the Stila website, you are suppose to apply a foundation or tinted moisturizer over this and use the BB cream as a base, so it does make sense that this BB cream is sheerer than I anticipated.

This BB cream alone would be really nice for those who have decent skin already and just want to add a glow to the skin, but for people like me who need more coverage and correcting properties in their BB creams, this may work better as a base.

Has anyone tried this? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Havenly Makeup 2014. All rights reserved. Designed By Colette