Friday, January 24, 2014

Deborah Lippmann: Cleopatra in New York!

Hey everyone,

my first Deborah Lippmann polish: Cleopatra in New York ($19)! I got it in the Sephora Superstars kit this past winter and finally got around to trying it. For a nailpolish that retails for nearly $20, I had very high expectations. You may be wondering if the polish is worth it's hefty price tag. Well, keep reading and I might be able to answer that for you.

This particular polish is called Cleopatra in New York and is a sheer black base with 2 types of hexagonal gold glitter flecks. You have to start with a black base. The actual polish itself may look black but is actually really sheer. I like this! I received compliments almost immediately.


Really pretty, right? It's even more striking in real life.

(L to R) OPI Natural Nail Base Coat, China Glaze Liquid Leather, DL, OPI Top Coat
I first added 1 layer of the base coat, 2 layers of China Glaze, 1 thick layer of DL and 1 layer of top coat. I dabbed the DL instead of spreading the polish around. This way, I was able to get the glitter to stack on top of each other for a layered look. I may try 2 layers of the DL to get more of a layered look. The DL goes on thick, but as it dries, it becomes flat. The polish dries very quickly, too. It's been 5 days since I first applied this and I have some chipping at the tips, but not that much.

Overall, the DL polish was really great! I really found it a pleasure to work with, and I can definitely tell this is a high end polish.

Do you own this polish or any other Deborah Lippmann polishes? Let me know what you think!









       







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Havenly Makeup 2014. All rights reserved. Designed By Colette