Thursday, May 22, 2014

China Glaze: Afterglow!

Manicure Thursday!

China Glaze's Afterglow ($7.50) is now my current favorite nail polish! I randomly picked up this up at ULTA on a whim, because it just had such an interesting peachy glow. It was nothing like any of the polishes I had. I'm glad I did because it is an amazing shear, pearly pink with a bluish gleam. The bluish gleam is much stronger in real life than in the picture. These pictures don't do this polish justice.



 These are the polishes I used. Opi Natural Base Coat as the base coat, China Glaze Afterglow, and Essie 3-in-1 Glaze as a top coat.

This is around 3-4 thick coats of the Afterglow. As you can see, the polish is still a little sheer and you can see my nail line. I tend to like a more opaque look but it did look pretty good with just 1 or 2 coats. Kind of like the inside of an oyster shell. The formula is nice and drying time was pretty fast considering how thick the layers of polish I applied were.

I think what makes this polish unique is the blue sheen. It literally glows every where I go. The pictures don't do it justice. Afterglow is subtle enough to wear casually but also a great polish to wear for a special occasion. I love it! The only problem I came across is that it's so sheer I had to use so much polish. But! I definitely think this is a must get if you own nothing like it.

Do you have this polish? Let me know what you think! Subscribe please!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Havenly Makeup 2014. All rights reserved. Designed By Colette