Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush- Buff and Exposed

After wearing only pink/peachy blushes, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and try on, what I called at that time, a "brown blush". I found myself at Ulta holding Buff in one hand and Exposed in the other. Buff. Exposed. I couldn't decide! I tried one on each cheek. Can you imagine the scene? A girl standing in front of the mirror at Ulta turning from cheek to cheek to cheek to cheek over and over. I bought Exposed that day since it was pinker, but I got Buff about a month later.

As with all tarte blushes ($26), these blushes are soft and pigmented. They don't usually last a full 12-hours on me like tarte claims, but they do last around 9 hours and that is already longer than many of the blushes I have tried.



So if any of you are wondering whether to get Buff or Exposed, or if there is actually enough of a difference between the two to get both, then this post is for you!

Buff

It looks incredibly brown in the pan, but it's actually a peachy neutral tan on my cheeks. As you can see in the picture, there are sparkles in this blush, but its actually not that noticeable on the cheek. I didn't have the problem of sparkles settling into my pores. I know I have seen some reviews where people mentioned that they wanted to try this as a contour. I definitely can't use this as a contour, since it is too peachy on me. I actually absolutely wouldn't use this as a contour because of the sparkles, which I don't like in a contour. This is a really great blush. I am so glad I bought it. I'm wearing it today!

Exposed

This blush is amazing. It is a matte pinkish nude with no sparkles. You can probably tell that I use this blush more. I do tend to reach from this one more when I'm going for a very natural look, since it doesn't have the sparkles. I am also more impartial to this blush just because it was the first tarte blush I ever bought. My first tarte love!

2 swipes from pan, Exposed (right), Buff (left) in sunlight
So, overall, these two are different blushes, as you can see above. Buff is definitely more brown, but on the cheeks, it actually looks more peach on me than it does in the swatch. The sparkles really aren't that numerous in Buff, and I have never had a problem with it settling in my pores. In sunlight, you can't really see it. 

Exposed (right), Buff (middle), Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil bronzer in indoor light

Under indoor light, the sparkles in Buff are more noticeable. Still, I only count maybe 4 flecks so it's really not that prominent. At first glance, the bronzer looks a lot like Buff, but Buff is actually more orange. I still wouldn't use it as a contour. 

I highly recommend checking both of these out! You can't go wrong.


Hope you guys enjoyed this post! So what do you guys think? Buff, Exposed or both?



2 comments:

  1. Ah! Good thing you covered both! I was wondering what Buff would look like and now I have my answer. Personally, I would probably go with Buff over Exposed but both are nice blushes. It would be nice if you could post a picture of you wearing both.

    Keep up the good work, Jess!

    - Colette | Skattered Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the response, Colette! That's a good point!

      Delete

Copyright © Havenly Makeup 2014. All rights reserved. Designed By Colette